Is it really true that we all live in our own echo chambers? Fake news and the filter bubble, post-truth and alternative facts… Are we all, as President Obama put it, ‘absorbing an entirely different reality’?
In this episode we’re asking: Is our sense of a shared reality becoming even more fragile? And is fragmentation of the media the cause – or just the symptom – of our polarised politics? With guest Sílvia Majó-Vázquez, Research Fellow at the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism at Oxford.
- The Leave case for a second referendum - Matthew Taylor
- Getting a second referendum right - Matthew Taylor
- Guardian: Justine Greening endorses second Brexit referendum
- Dr Sílvia Majó-Vázquez, Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism
- Quillette: Political Moderates Are Lying
- Abilene paradox - Wikipedia
Produced by James Shield.
Brought to you by the RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce).