Is tribalism an indelible part of human nature? And if it is, can we overcome it? Matthew Taylor speaks to moral psychologist Jonathan Haidt, author of The Righteous Mind and The Coddling of the American Mind.
Plus, Ian and Matthew discuss the recent protests in France, and we ask why the British people have claimed responsibility for 55% of all world history…
- Washington Post: The top 10 reasons American politics are so broken, by Jonathan Haidt and Sam Abrams, January 2015
- The Coddling of the American Mind by Jonathan Haidt and Greg Lukianoff
- YouTube: Why a 21st Century Enlightenment Needs Walls | Jonathan Haidt | RSA Replay
- Twilight of the Elite: The Prosperous, the Periphery, and the Future of France by Christophe Guilluy
- We Made History: Citizens of 35 Countries Overestimate Their Nation's Role in World History
- Ian's newsletter, The Ruffian - TinyLetter
Produced by James Shield.
Brought to you by the RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce).